Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Balancing Act

I haven't been able to make it to the beach the past three weekends and I'm really waiting for this weekend to come around so I can make my way to Black's Beach.

I have often wondered what it is that compels me to get my regular fix of Black's. I get to spend some part of the day nude at home, so I do get a partial fix almost every day, but that hasn't proven very satisfactory. Is social nudism the necessary ingredient? It could be that since my home is an environment that's not fully supportive or accepting of nudism, nudism at home results in relaxation with a hint of tension. Maybe it's the feeling of complete relaxation at the beach that makes it so special. Or maybe it's just the people - being with people who are open-minded and willing to accept you for what you are, warts and all!

It would be wonderful to live in a world where clothes were optional, whether at home, or work, or play. However, we have to balance what we have with what we need. How does one find that balance without driving oneself insane? There's no easy answer to that question. We live in a constantly changing world and requires continuous evaluation of where we are and where we want to go, and a continuous search for the right balance. Just like everything we deal with in life!

2 comments:

  1. I'm nude at home as much as possible but, as you pointed out, there is that "hint of tension" and I find that it feels a bit restrictive as well.

    When you go to a nude beach, a resort, or a nude swim, that hint of tension disappears because you're in a supportive environment with like-minded people. I find that even a couple hours at a nudist venue to be very relaxing.

    You're right, trying to keep the right balance can be a challenge and stressful. Taking a short break from it all at our favorite beach or resort, even for a few hours, recharges us and helps us keep things in perspective.

    I wish there was a nude beach near me but I'm rather landlocked here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that relaxing, recharging aura is what gets us hooked! If everyone gave it a decent shot, I'm sure a majority would be nudists and the world would be a better place for it.

    ReplyDelete