Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Beginning Anew

I haven't posted on my blog in a while. I was at a point in my life when I didn't feel like saying too much. Everything in life is always in transition, and in my case it was especially transitory because my mind was in transition. Now that I am comfortable with where my mind is, and I've accepted the transitory nature of my life, I'm back to talking about it.

In Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert Pirsig wrote, "You are never dedicated to something that you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. They know it's going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt." I have found that when I start to espouse an idea to multiple people, when I find myself repeating myself, I am really trying to convince myself. I think that was why I started this blog. Now I think I have moved on; I'm at a phase in my life where I have things to say but I don't feel compelled to say them. I would like speak up all the same, because what I have to say may be useful to others. I'm sure I will once again find myself trying to convince myself, but I also think that I'm at a place where I have the wherewithal to notice what I'm doing and step back.

So here goes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment