Monday, July 6, 2009

Nude is the Opposite of Sexy!

Nude beaches make an interesting contrast with textile beaches. On nude beaches, even if you see someone who has a "great" body, it doesn't elicit the same kind of reaction as seeing a "great" body on a textile beach does. On textile beaches, the clothing someone wears is the biggest indication of intention, of where one stands on the sexiness scale (or thinks he or she stands), and of the perception of the wearer by others. On a nude beach we're all equal, all there as we are, accepting of everyone and the sexiness factor disappears rapidly when one first experiences social nudism.

I was in Las Vegas, a city I dislike but where I had to go for an event, and I realized when looking at the way people dressed that without clothes, the city would lose it's appeal. All I had to do when I saw someone dressed to impress was imagine them without clothes, and they were suddenly very normal. The clothes they were wearing made it easy to see what their bodies were really like, so this was easy to do! Before I really got into nudism, when I tried the same exercise (which I admit I did), the result was very difficult. The assumption was that the "enhancements" that clothes made to their figures would stay even if they weren't wearing those clothes.

When I look back, I've had similar reactions when I first saw someone naked - there was an assumption of how they looked without clothes, and then when that assumption was negated, there was a subconscious negative reaction. There was a lack of acceptance that we're all different, and all beautiful in that difference.

The Political Naturist has been covering the problems that Jasmine Trail Nudist Resort in North Carolina is going through. It's possible for the DA to make nudism an issue only because the general population hasn't tried social nudism. If they had, they would realize that it's far less sex-related than the behavior you see on a regular textile beach.

If you haven't tried social nudism, you have to for your mental health!

No comments:

Post a Comment